Sunday, November 1, 2009

St. George Marathon

I had never had the desire to run a marathon until some girls in my neighborhood/ward were training for a Ragnar Relay Race. My family and I were going to be out of town during the race, so I couldn't participate. I ran with them in their training for the Ragnar and became pretty good friends with all of them. Some of the girls and I decided to register for the marathon, honestly not expecting to get in. When Ceri and I got in...I was shocked! We were both pretty nervous because neither of us had ever run over 6 miles! We had so much fun training together and became such good friends. We had lots of really early mornings, late nights, and runs we never thought we were capable of. When the marathon came, neither of us knew what to expect.
This was at 4:00 in the morning right before loading on the bus.
Mile 23ish
We finished!! Both of us were able to accomplish the goals we set! My goal was to qualify for the Boston Marathon (3:40) and I finished in 3:36...barely making my goal :)
My husband was such a good support. He was always willing to watch the kids and came to all the races that I competed in during my training. He never complained about all the time/money it took for me to run the marathon. I am so lucky to have him!

4 comments:

  1. wow i'm impressed! i'm running my first half marathon in february (which is a pretty big deal for me because the last time i ran more than a mile was in high school in gym class and i puked). i started my training in october, and its been exciting to see the progress. congratulations on qualifying for boston that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you qualified for Boston! I know people who have tried several times! Good luck! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running must be in the Losee gene pool. Congrats on qualifying for the Boston Marathon. The Austin Marathon, Feb 14, is next for Paul, Catherine, Charles and Joana. I plan to cheer them across the finish line. Charles reported that Catherine ran 13 miles and Charles 16 miles this week end. Paul ran and did cross-country snowshoeing for 20 miles up in Huntsville mountain country. He said he was wasted, afterward. So the training keeps RUNNING on. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete